I love cocktails. Love making them, love drinking them, love sharing them with my friends. When my dear friend Marlene came up with the cocktail using my favorite – whiskey I practically squealed with happiness. She is such a genius. She was inspired by things that I always have at my house : whiskey (duh), lavender, and citrus. An unlikely pairing you might be thinking… but, it is oh SO good. Even if you aren’t a whiskey drinker – you will love this! It is probably the perfect “end of summer, beginning of fall” cocktail. That’s right. You heard it here first.
This recipe was originally part of a dinner party shoot we did for LaurenConrad.com. Be sure to check out the full LC post to see all the recipes from the shoot – they are soo yummy!
- 4 oz. pour (or 2 shots) whiskey (we used Johnnie Walker Red Label)
- 4 Tbsp. simple syrup (see recipe for homemade simple syrup below)
- 2 Tbsp. orange juice, fresh squeezed
- pinch of cinnamon
- orange rind
- Mix together the whiskey, orange juice, simple syrup and cinnamon.
- Serve over ice, and garnish with orange rind.
Lavender and Vanilla Bean Simple Syrup:
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups water
- ½ of 1 vanilla bean
- 1 to 2 sprigs of lavender
Combine the sugar, water, vanilla bean and lavender in a saucepan and bring to a boil until the sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
For fun, we froze lavender buds in our whiskey ice molds. They added a fun touch of color